Tobermory distillery is a Scotch whisky distillery situated on the Hebridean island of Mull, Scotland in the town of Tobermory. The distillery may have been founded during this period 1795 or 1798 by John Sinclair merchant and proprietor of Lochaline in Morvern although he did not receive a charter to the land until 1823, and there is no sign of a distillery on the site in William Daniell’s engraving of Tobermory in 1813.
The distillery had ups and downs over the course of history. It was mothballed, reopened and sold again and again. The last long production halt lasted from 1930 until 1972. After thorough renovations the newly founded Ledaig Distillery Ltd. reopened the distillery.