Glenlossie Distillery was built by a publican and a few friends in 1876: John Duff, tenant of the Fife Arms at Llanbryde and former Manager of Glendronach Distillery, in partnership with Alexander Grigor Allen, H.M.S. Mackay and John Hopkins.
In 1962 Glenlossie was expended from four to six stills, and ten year later a new distillery named Mannochmore was built adjacent, to operate in parallel with the original – part of S.M.D.’s expansions plans in the early 1960s.
Today, Glenlossie continues to operate merrily under Diageo’s management. Although there are no ‘true’ official bottlings coming from the distillery, but it looks like Glenlossie isn’t going anywhere, and perhaps we can expect some soon.